Tag Archives: wine
This discussion was all about the holiday, movies, relationships and some prominent current events in the media. Read on to watch the full #BLAB session.
Continue reading →
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:
WORDS, WINE AND WOMEN NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Hone your graphic design skills, stir your creative juices and create a new t-shirt that reflects the sexiness, the hilarity and the originality of Words, Wine and Women and enter our #designthewine t-shirt design contest!
We need 2 NEW T-SHIRT DESIGNS! One for the women who love Words, Wine and Women. And another for the men who love the women who love Words, Wine and Women!
Think You Can?
Watch Season 1 of Words, Wine and Women here. Get to know the ladies and what we are all about.
Use, don’t alter, the existing logo (in either black or pink), create an incredibly clever slogan and design then put it all together in a t-shirt (Download t-shirt templates and logos ).
Email your male and/or female t-shirt design to email@example.com. Yep, you can submit a male and female t-shirt design and submit as many designs as you like; however, no more than one (1) female and one (1) male t-shirt design per person per day.
Don’t like email, that’s cool. Mail your design entry to this address:
Chasing After You Productions, LLC, PO Box 48293, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Stay connected to us via a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram (@wordswinewomen) and subscribe at wordswinewomen.com because we will be providing contest updates to help you craft that “Grand Prize” winning design.
Want to See Your Design on Display?
Check back to wordswinewomen.com as we will put all design submissions (unanimously, of course) on our website.
So How Do You Win?
At the end of the submission period, the hosts of Words, Wine and Women will pick the top 4 MALE and FEMALE t-shirt designs based on quality, originality and brand representation.
All 8 Finalists will receive a unique gift bag from Words, Wine and Women, including a pair of these amazing wine glasses (just the glasses, not the wine- sorry).
The MALE and FEMALE t-shirt design that receives the most votes will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. Tell all your family and friends to vote!
In addition to our everlasting gratitude, each Grand Prize Winner will receive $250 AND the winning t-shirt designs will be offered as a reward in the upcoming Words, Wine and Women crowd-funding campaign.
- Submissions will be accepted from 10:00am PST on July 22, 2015 to 11:59:59PM EST/PST on August 11, 2015 ONLY. The eight (8) finalists will be announced on Wednesday, August 19th, 2015. Voting for the Grand Prize Winners will be open from Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 to Tuesday, August 25th, 2015. The Grand Prize Winners will be announced on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015.
- Email contest submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your entry to Chasing After You Productions, LLC, Attention: Words, Wine and Women 2015 T-Shirt Design Contest, P.O.48293, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- All entry emails should have the subject line “T-Shirt Design Contest Submission – First Name, Last Name.”
- You must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident or citizen of the United States of America to win and possess a verifiable physical mailing address in order to receive the monetary portion of the Grand Prize.
- The design will be placed upon a white t-shirt. The design must include the existing Words, Wine and Women logo visibly in the design and the design can have a maximum of two colors. Add to the existing logo. Don’t alter it.
- Submit only original designs. The designs must not contain copyrighted material and they cannot have previously won any awards.
- Submit front t-shirt designs only. There should be no text or visuals on the back or sleeves of the shirt.
- Attach entries as medium resolution JPEG or pdf files (files may not exceed 25MB).
- Please be prepared to submit the source files for the designs in the event you are named one of the Grand Prize winners.
- Any artwork and writing submitted will not be returned, and becomes property of Chasing After You Productions, LLC.
- For additional terms and conditions of the contest, click here.
NO ADDITIONAL MATERIALS (VIDEOS, SAMPLES, ETC) WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH YOUR SUBMISSION.
This article originally appeared on tv.com on June 11, 2015.
Can we talk?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question then you’re gonna love the new online talk show Words, Wine and Women.
The show comes from host and creator Tara Johnson, who recently appeared as a host on the ‘after-show’ online network AfterBuzz TV and co-host on Black Hollywood Live’s “Phenomenal Women.” Now, she’s gathered 5 diverse women to chat about edgy issues affecting today’s real woman.
I recently had a chance to interview Tara Johnson to find out what happens when Words, Wine and Women all come together.
Q: Tell us about your new show Words, Wine and Women?
TARA: Words, Wine and Women is an real look inside the raw honest fun that happens when women get together over a delicious glass of wine (or two) to discuss life, love, careers, parenting, dating, politics and everything else in between. Words, Wine and Women strives to create a community that celebrates the mystery, beauty and joy of being a woman.
Q: What’s different about your new talk show?
TARA: Several things make us different. The first thing is the women. Each of these women bring something completely different to the table – different life experiences, life views, career paths but I think each of us connect with our target audience. Plus, we’re just regular women figuring it out.
Our topics are different. Not that we don’t love pop culture. Who doesn’t love Beyoncé’s latest anything or Kim and Kanye’s latest escapade but we all know that those are not the only things real women discuss. We look for those topics that are not mainstream like medicinal marijuana for children. We question things in the hopes that you might look at some things differently like is technology helping or destroying present day relationships and parenting?
Lastly, the wine! Drinking wine isn’t different but I would also describe Words, Wine and Women as an infotainment program. Just like we offer our audience tips on online dating, we also want to bring in sommeliers who can educate our viewers on wine. I mean if you are going to drink it, let’s learn something too.
Q: Where do you find the topics for each episode?
The greatest thing about the topics we discuss is that we get them from everyday life. Anything can spark a discussion – a question, an article or a simple conversation. My co-hosts are so creative that the topics are endless.
Q: Were you shocked by anything you’ve learned on the show?
TARA: Yes, I didn’t know women could squirt! If you are not sure what that is or what that means, keep watching.
Q: What made you want to create a new talk show series from scratch?
TARA: I just thought there was a missing piece to how women are portrayed in the media today. So many of the depictions don’t look anything like me, my family or the women in my life. I wanted to create something that resembled how I interact and feel about other women and how the women in my life have supported, challenged and encouraged me. We don’t always agree but I’m definitely better for having those relationships and conversations.
Q: Tell us the biggest lesson you’ve learned from the project?
TARA: Starting anything from scratch definitely isn’t easy but it is worth every lesson, delay and trial. I’m simply a better person because of this project. I hope that translates into me being a better producer and a better co-host for Words, Wine and Women and each one of our viewers.
Watch Words, Wine and Women the series at: www.WordsWineWomen.com